We are aware and monitoring the Coronavirus situation as it changes from day to day.
The Leisure Centre is NOW CANCELLING all bookings for more than four people until the end of May. This means Humber Squash games have now been cancelled. There will be no Junior Coaching and the Club Competition and Summer League will be postponed until further notice.
SUMMER LEAGUE 2020 RULES
- All matches to commence promptly at 7.00 pm. All players to arrive on time. Matches to be played in a 4-3-2-1 order unless all eight players involved in the match agree a change. If the player who wishes to change cannot get all the other players agreement, a substitute should be obtained. All players are expected to stay, assist with marking including completing the score sheet and supporting their team.
- American scoring system (i.e., every point counts irrespective of server).
- After a five-minute knock up play will be continuous for 25 minutes. Time will be called at 7.30, 8.00, 8.30 & 9.00 irrespective of time played & any time wasted will be lost.
- The player with the higher handicap will start with a lead of the difference to nil (eg., handicaps of –10 and +4, the +4 player starts with a 14-0 lead).
- League positions for teams and individuals will be based on the number of games won and the point difference between points for and against.
- Players who fail to turn up or turn up late will lose time and points. (Opponents will be compensated if entered on card)
- Entrance fee of £60 (full members £50, junior members £30) is payable in advance or on the night of your first match – covers Court Fees, Trophies etc. NO PAY, NO PLAY, NO POINTS!!!
- Failure of a team member to play or obtain a substitute in accordance with rule 9 will result in points being deducted.
- A Substitute may be selected from the other players in the same category. The substitute must play from a handicap six points worse than on the Handicap List. If a player substitutes for the same team a second or any subsequent times for the same team he must play from a handicap Ten points worse than on the Handicap List. All substitutes for the Semi Finals & Finals will play off an additional 10 points worse than on the Handicap List regardless whether they have played for the same team in the past or not.
- Individual Tournament – The Top Two players in each section based on wins and point difference after each team has played each other twice will play in an individual final at the end of the Summer League Season. A league table will be displayed on a regular basis.
- After each team has played each other twice, the top four teams based on wins and point difference will play in the semi finals. The team finishing first will play the team finishing fourth and the teams finishing second and third will play each other with the winners going through to the Summer League Final. In the Plate semi finals the team finishing 5th will play the team finishing 8th & the team finishing 6th & 7th will play each other & the winners will play each other in the Plate Final.
The Committee’s decision is FINAL in all matters & may adjust players’ handicaps at any time (Summer League Committee Dave O’Brien & Paul McKee )